Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Was Outside in the Bushes for 25 Minutes!

Gaia has been hogging my blog lately, and she is always trying to get attention.  First the Glamour Shots, then the Fish incident, and now this!

Gaia:  "I was outside in the bushes for 25 minutes!  Whoo hoo!!"
The front door had blown open from the wind when mom went to check the mail, and she walked back to the house, saw me, JB, standing in the open doorway.  I told mom that Gaia had left the premises.  Mom became frantic!  She emailed the whole neighborhood for help and had two neighbors casing the neighborhood searching for her.  Mom ran up and down the street and around the pond area too calling for Gaia. 

All mom could think about was that Bob the Cat had been seen a lot by our house lately, on our street, and right near the pond across the street!
Gaia would be a nice tasty meal for Bob!

Finally mom recognized a tail running through the bushes.  That's right, this is the tail, but only it was outside in the bushes! 
Mom knew the only way to catch Gaia was to call out the magic word: "CRUN-CHEES"! 
Then Gaia walked out of the bushes immediately straight to mom.
Gaia had been watching the whole chain of events quietly from the bushes in front of our house!
Mom then fed her CRUN-CHEES (Temptations), even though she was so mad at her, but so grateful that she was home again.

JB:  "I don't know what to do any more.  I need order in my house!"

 Please visit me and my animal friends at JB's BIG WORLD here and sign my GUESTBOOK here!

27 comments:

Angel and Kirby said...

It is hard to have order when you have so many furblings!

Kari in WeHo said...

Silly kitty hiding in the bushes!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

OKcats said...

JB, you have a very hard job! Having lived with cats for so long, your mom must have the same habits as our mom - every outside door closes immediately. But when guests come over, sometimes they don't think much about it. My brothers at the Bridge were master escape artists, and they'd be out the door without being seen at all. So my mom can totally empathize with your mom and her frantic search for silly Gaia!

Daisy said...

Uh oh! What Gaia done was a little big Wrong!

Tillie and Georgia said...

JB,we agree!!!! That is way too much drama! You better lay down the law! heehee We are happy Gaia is safe even if she was naughty!
Purrs Tillie and Georgia

Jan's Funny Farm said...

Glad she was found, but she shouldn't be creating chaos at YOUR house.

Katnip Lounge said...

Sheesh! Gaia and The Baby have the same Evil Plans. Fortunately they share the same weakness...CRUN-CHEES! We're glad she was found, safe. Bob is SCARY!

Sweet Praline said...

Glad that crunchies are Gaia's weakness so she came indoors! My mom watches the front door like a hawk!

Kea said...

Gaia, we think you're pawsome for hiding out like that and getting bribed with treats. Heh heh. However, as Annie escaped a few times in her younger days, and Nicki has escaped a few times too, the mom understands the sheer panic/almost heart failure that your mom must have had!

-Fuzzy Tales

Grrreta said...

When we hear neighbors calling out while looking for a missing pet, we assume they are calling the pet's name. We wonder if the neighbors think Gaia's name is "Crun-chees". Anyway, we are so glad Gaia is safe at home again and was not a snack for Bob.

AttieCattie said...

what a trick she played on your mommeh! all for a treat!

Mr Puddy said...

My mom said her heart is still pounding so hard !!!!
COD !!! Bob Cat is look so dangerous !
At least, You do the right thing, Gaia...Walk to mommy !
Stay Safe Gaia ! I might go out often but my area has No MR BOB !!!

xoxo

Thor said...

Don't do it again, Gaia! Bob Cat does not seem friendly at all!
Be safe,

Thor and Jack

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

That was a pretty creative way to get some treats!

Lorenza said...

Hi, JB!
Wow!
Sounds like Gaia had an interesting adventure!
Glad you found her!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Is SOME khat trying to visit me?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: AND channeling her inner Siberian?

MoMo said...

Glad your mom found Gaia.
I don't envy you. JB, that's a lot of work keeping your siblings in order.

Sammy, Andy and Shelly said...

Whew, what a relief that Gaia never left the front yard!!!!!!!!!!

We send our love to y'all.

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

You sure did have a big adventure!!

We're back finally! We sure have missed you guys!
Woofs and Kisses!
The Fiesty Three

Anita said...

Gaia, you are a adventurous! Muahahaha!

Ludo van Doggy said...

Naughty Gaia! Looks like you need to lay down the law a bit JB!

Ariel said...

Hmmm that was alittle naughty Gaia.
Look how sweet JB is being you should follow her :)

Melody said...

Whoa! You kitties need to watch out for that Bob..don't let it get ya!!

Pedro said...

OMD! You're kidding! We have giant owls that my mom is afraid will scoop me up but that cat is HUGE. Texas is a scary place!! I guess that's why it's called the Wild West!

Pedro

Diane's "Jack the cat" said...

Oh, Gaia! Sooo glad "Bob The Cat" didn't get you! He's a very scary looking guy! Me loves "Temps" too! whenever Mom can't find me, she just rattles the bag of Temps, & I come 'a runnin"!!! Loves you pretty kitty!
"Jack Kitteh" & Diane (the Mom)

Prints the Cat said...

Oh my. I am getting around to checking out this post finally. Your Mom must have had a heart attack when Gaia was outside for 25 minutes! My Mom would freak out if I was totally on my own outside! I am so glad Gaia was safe and that your Mom has a magic word. Perhaps my parents should have a magic word, too.

(did your Mom do a head count when she realized the door was opened? Must be hard to do a head count with cats. How did you alert your Mom that Gaia was outside?)

Glad everyone is safe and indoors.

radapunk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.