Friday, September 12, 2008

A Package Much Bigger Than a Jelly Bean!

Guess what? I got a package from my good friend Deetz and his mum, and look how big the box was! It was much bigger than a Jelly Bean! It had stuff in it called peanuts. At first I was scared of them, but then I tried to eat them. After all, they are called peanuts....aren't they?

After my post about my friend the Toad, in my Big World blog, Deetz and his mum told me they had a Toad House that they wanted to send me. I was super excited! I will show you some of the preparations Deetz did when packing up the Toad House.














Deetz gave the Toad House a good sniff and a good luck kiss that it would house lots of Toads for me. Little Gizmo, Deetz's little bro, got in on the action too!

When Deetz was certain that the Toad House was packed properly, he told him mum it was time to go to the UPS store.

Who knew Deetz was such a good driver? Looks how focused he is, checking his rear view mirrors and all! The package was mailed safely, thanks to Deetz's care and attention!

~~~~And now back to my house, where I became SUPER excited, because I don't get packages often!~~~~

After realizing that the peanuts were not for eating, I got the stuff in the package out. Look at how neat this house is! It even says "Toad House" on the front of it, so the Toads know where they are supposed to live!

Deetz and his mum also sent us some housewarming gifts like a birdhouse for all my birdie friends and also a calendar with pictures of Cat and Dog Buddies in it! That is just like me and Deetz are, buddies! We will find the perfect spot for the birdhouse near our bird feeder, and I will hang the calendar where I eat my breakfast, so I always know what day it is!














There were also some great sniffing feathers.......and you know how I LOVE feathers!

Feathers are great for playing "Attack!"

I always win the feather attack game when my mom plays it with me. I am very quick and agile!

Deetz! These feathers are really swell! Thanks for the super package!














Deetz did not forget about PooPoo either! PooPoo got a special pink catnip present "For cats with an attitude"! PooPoo was very happy with her present, and she thanks you too, Deetz!

(If you are wondering where Misty is, she gets scared of toys, so she did not come and play.....silly Misty!)

~~~~On a sadder note~~~~

Deetz's little bro (little in size, not in years or wisdom), Gizmo's health has gotten much worse. His mum has been asking Gizmo if he needs help getting to the Bridge, and for him to please help her to know if it is time. This is a very sad time for Deetz and his family. Please click here to go give them some love and support.


Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my BIG WORLD too, thanks!

33 comments:

Deetz said...

I loved all those photo's of you and poopoo and opening your pressies. I sure hope the toads like there new home. Great big kisses and paw hugs, my lil kitty friend...for mentioning Gizmo and letting all my other friends know. So many ask about Gizmo because he has become a part of everyone's family and mum has been unable to talk about it, right now anywaz. I love you, JB.
Deetzy Boy

Brownie said...

Hi Jelly Bean
You got a BIG BIG pack of cool gifts! And so very awesome too!
I'm praying for Deetz's Lil bro too :')
-Brownie

Molly and Taffy said...

They were pawsome gifts JB.
Sorry we have not been around, the internet has been so reliable when we have had time to use it.
Just about to pop over to Deetz and his Mum to say hello.

Molly and Taffy xx

Gandalf and Grayson said...

Wow. Those are wonderful surprises, JB. Especially the frog house!

BenTheRotti said...

Hi JB,

wow what a wonderful box of goodness you got! How very thoughtful of Deetz and his Mom to do that for you. We popped over to Deetz's place, it makes us so sad, but we will give all the love and support they need, right now and when the time comes. You are a good friend to keep us updated JB

smoooochies,

Ben xxxxxx

Snowy and Crystal said...

Isn't Deetz a sweetie pie ?

You deserve this package JB

Maltese Paws

S&C

Parker said...

How wonderful! I hope you get some toads to come and visit you soon. I am glad that PooPoo liked her prezzy too!

Daisy said...

Wow, Deetz sure seems nice! You got some very wonderful presents. I am happy that PooPoo got a present, too.

I am very sorry that little Gizmo is not doing well. I will purr for him.

Spooky said...

What a neat bunch of gifts...so thoughtful, too!

Abby said...

Hi, JB...

Your presents from Deetz are great...He is the greatest friend ever...Me & my Mom love him, too...

Thanks for letting us know about Gizmo...He is the sweetest little guy & I know Deetz & him Mom are probably having a hard time right now...I'm gonna go over there right now & let them know that me & my Mom are thinking about them...

Abby xxxooo

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Gee, you could live comfortly in that huge box, JB.
The gifts are very cute, how thoughtful Deetz and his family are!
I'm coming over to Deetz to hug them, thanks for informing us.
Cheers!

Asta said...

Jb
Deetz is a wondewful fwiend to so many of us..those wewe such thoughtful and bootiful giftses he sent evewyone..I din't know how much you liked feathews..those awe cool.
I know it will be time fow little Gizmo to cwoss the bwidge soon, but what a wich life he's had wif lots of love, and a bwuvvew to teach too
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Abby said...

Hi again, JB...

Me & my Mom have been watching the news about the nasty Ike guy...

We hope he isn't coming to visit you...& we hope he doesn't stay too long anywhere...

Be safe & stay dry...We'll be checking back to see how things are going with you...

Abby xxxooo

Pedro said...

JB,

Those are some very nice presents from Deetz & Gizmo. We love them and are thinking about Gizmo.

Pedro

Noah the Airedale said...

Awww Deetz is so kind to send you those fantastic gifts. Look how happy Poo Poo looks with her catnip pressie.
We've been to see Deetzie to give our support for Gizmo.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Hana said...

I would venture to say that Deetz has a crush on you, Jelly Bean! Look at all those great presents! The feathers look beautiful. He obviously chose the best ones for you!

Mickey said...

WOW!!! Deetz is really a good friend and he has great taste :) Those are nice house warming gifts !
I am glad he sent something for PooPoo too :)
I will go and visit them.Poor little Gizmo,he is so cute.

Purrs Mickey

Tracey and Huffle said...

That is a very cool present you got there JB! I am purring for Gizmo.

Huffle Mawson

Dewey Dewster said...

Gee JB...

Those are some super nice gifts ya all got....we can see Deetz packed everythin' real careful so it got ta ya safely.....now are ya gonna put the house out fer toads? Cause around here if doggies get toads in their mouths, they get a bit sick...like I did a few weeks back....so if they're around, you stay away from them...ya hear ???

Dewey Dewster here....

Anita said...

Ohhh my Gosssss!!! You are sooooo lucky!!! Muahahahahaha!

You have very good friends! Enjoy your toys!!

I hope Deetz get well soon.

Purrrrrrrrrrrs.

Jan's Funny Farm said...

That was a fun package! Something for everyone, including toads.

It is sad about Gizmo. 17 years is a long life but never long enough when you're loved.

Lorenza said...

Hi, JB!
Deetz and his Mom sent you a big package with lots of nice things on it!
I know they having a hard time with poor Gizmo. We all love him so much!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Simba said...

So many cool gifts! Sorry to hear about your friend.

Simba x

Sunny,Scooter,Jamie said...

Man , that box was bigger than u!! Such cool stuff!!
Poor little Gizmo. I always wished for the gift of them leaving on their own, without my help. I got it a time or 2. I hope Gizmo can give that gift, but dang, chihuahuas seem to always need help to the bridge. :(
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter
pee ess guess we'll get a bit of rain and gusty wind,hu? we're just starting to get a little wind

the 4 Bs said...

hi JB, that's an extreme package with all of those wonderful pressies for you and your family! that Deetzy Boy is such a thoughtful friend.

we're sad about Gizmo too. we hope that he can tell his mom when/if he needs help to go to the Bridge. humans can't stand to see us dogs be sick and they can't stand to part with us either. we know it's difficult for Deetz and his mom. we're holding them close in our thoughts and prayers right now.

woofs.

Rambo said...

Wow JB!!
You got a box full of presents! How neat is that?? Hope you have fun with everything. Deetz is a nice guy. We are sorry to hear about Gizmo. We'll say some doggie prayers.
love,
Rambo & MM

Lorianna said...

Hi JB! Your friend Deetz is so nice. what a cute little house for your toad friends and the other pressies are great too. Even one for PooPoo! She's so pretty in her lounge.
I'm so sorry for Gizmo. He's adorable and his family will be heartbroken when he decides to go to the Bridge. I will keep them in my thoughts. I wish we didn't ever have to say goodbye...
Is Ike affecting you? I'm not sure where in Texas you are, but I have been worrying about you.
Take care okay?
Hugs and Smoochies,
Lorianna

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

That toad house looks really cool. We have lots of toads in our backyard since it has been raining. Of course Mom and Dad try and keep us away. Louie likes to bite them and then starts foaming at the mouth..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Eric said...

Hey JB, I came over to meet you from Deetz blog. Don't be scaredy, I love cats and have a kittie brother who bosses me about. Whisker over some time and see! Pawsome presents you got there... hope you get lots of toads in the house - careful if you kiss them they may turn into Princes he,he!!!

Wags, Eric x

Evergreen loves Kilroy said...

Hey JB!

That is an awesome gift! I never knew that Toad Houses even existed!

And thank you for letting us know about Gizmo, as no animal deserves to feel pain (even if it's natural). We'll purr/ay for him.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That's so sweet of Deetz to send those pawsome gifts. I'll go over to his bloggie now to check on Gizmo

~ Girl girl

michico*Adan said...

These are very good wonderful gifts~!

Thor said...

What cool pressies Deetz and his mom sent to you!
We´re so sad about Gizmo.

Love and licks
Thor