Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Whisker Wednesday Evening & 6 Quirky Things Meme

Ever wonder about whiskers? Why are my whiskers different colors? Half of them are dark and half of them are white. Just a thought I was pondering today on Whisker Wednesday!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I have been tagged by Beetle at Beetle Blog for the 6 Quirky Things Meme. I have to list six quirky things about myself. I hope most of these things could be considered "quirky"!

Here are the Rules:
1. Link the person(s) who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogs letting them know they've been tagged.


Here is my list! These are 6 Quirky Things About Me, JB!

1. I like to offer myself as a "sweater" to my mom. When mom is wearing shorts and the weather is too hot, I like to lay on her bare legs when she is working in her office, just in case she gets cold.

2. I must never be alone at all costs! I am always in the room that my mom is in.

3. I speak a lot all the time. I like to talk in the daytime, but prefer to talk at night mostly. Mom doesn't like this one bit when she is trying to sleep!

4. To add to point #3, I hate it when my mom is talking on the phone. Whenever she is one the phone, I must come and sit right in front of her and speak loudly till she gets off.

5. I wash myself at least once an hour. I must be clean and fresh smelling at all times and my furs must be pristine. My mom appreciates this quirk about me a lot!

6. I am a real scaredy cat. Any time the doorbell rings, I quickly run and hide.

I don't know if these things are considered quirky, but it is what I am. If you have not done this meme yet, consider yourself tagged!


Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my BIG WORLD too, thanks!

23 comments:

Super Boy & Baby-Licious said...

Hmmm, thats something we need to think about. We also wonder why some parts of our paws are black and some pink.

By the way, JB check out my blog. I posted your 'tongue' picture.

Love
Boy n Baby

Lorenza said...

Hi, JB!
Very interesting question about your whiskers!
Being clean is very important!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Babs (Beetle) said...

I love your quirky things. Talking over your mum when she's on the phone is good. I also run away when the door bell rings - or any other sudden noise.

I think your whiskers match your furs.

Purrs, Sukie X

Snowball said...

HI JB,

I think your whiskers is very pretty and unique.

Luv
Snowball

Rambo said...

Hmmm.....I wonder if my whiskers are multi-colored too? But, who looks at your whiskers when you have those beautiful blue eyes.

oxox
Ram

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Your whiskers are cute.
You're so nice to offer to be a sweater to your mom

~ Girl girl

goldenshade said...

Your whiskers give you a lovely unique look. Very pretty. Love your list, I don't talk too much, maybe I should start.

purrs, Shade

Dragonheart & Merlin said...

You have very cool whiskers! We don't understand why other cats have them - we don't have them, and we don't find them necessary!

We both like to talk all the time too. :)

Abby said...

Hi, JB...

I love your whisker picture...You are soooo pretty...

I hate it when my Mom talks on the phone, too...

Abby xxxoooo

Monty Q. Kat said...

Howdy! I'm Monty, it's great to meet you!

The Furry Kids said...

You have very neat whiskies! I only have white. EG has white by his mouth and then he has two colors of eyebrow whiskies (grey and white). Whiskies are interesting.

Love,
Tazo

Daisy said...

JB, I am glad that I am not the only one who runs and hides when the doorbell rings. Sometimes I even run when I hear a doorbell on TV!

Clover said...

Hi JB!
I liked reading about your quirks. And sucha nice picture you posted of yourself today!
Happy Belated Birthday to your mom!
Love Clover xo

Mickey said...

You have neat whiskers JB. My sisfur Georgia's whiskers are white on one side & black on the other :) WE share some quirks #2 & 4.I like to walk on the phone when Mom is on it.Maybe that's why she will go and get the cordless one....hummmmmmmmmmmm!!
Purrs Mickey

Pedro said...

JB,

Do you ever try to lie down on your mom's book or paper when she is reading it? Do you walk across her keyboard? Tommy, the orange & white cat in my house, walks across the piano keys. If you don't pay attention to him he'll jump up and the dresser and knock things off one-by-one until you do. My mom thinks cats have more quirks than dogs. What do you think?

Pedro

Lorianna said...

JB, your personality is a combination of Tookie's and Cricket's. Tookie always napped on me and followed me around the house chatting. She always made herself heard when I was on the phone. Cricket hates company and hides too.
I think your whiskers are pretty and co-ordinate nicely with your fur. :)
I will put your pretty award up on my blog hopefully later today or tomorrow. I must figure out who to pass it on to.
We have a new family member; he's cute and fluffy and says "mew!" Cricket is not pleased and my husband is a big push over. I adore him, but I'm a little nervous to be adding another kitty to the mix.
Big Hugs and Love,
Lorianna (the crazy cat lady)

Deetz said...

Oh JB, I didn't know you were afraid of the doorbell too....IF we ever meet, I will be sure and not make any crazy noises, cuz I don't want you to be afraid of me.
Deetz

Gus and Louie said...

Louie always manages to see a car go by and bark when Mom is on the phone. That goof ball barks at anything that goes by. Then he has to run to Mom and put his hands on her as if to say "Did you see that?"

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Marilyn MonREOW said...

What a fun meme! I think I'll do that one, too, soon. I am a very quirky kitty!

You and I have a lot in common. :) I don't like to be alone, and I love to act as Mom's sweater when she's wearing shorts. *giggle*, I love being in her lap pretty much anytime she's sitting down!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

andrée said...

What pretty multi-colored whiskers! I wish I knew the answers. I joined WOW this week, too. I'm just having trouble finding who else is on it!!

Deetz said...

Happy Friday JB, Misty, Poopoo and JB's Mum
Yes, there is a fairview in Oklahoma too...Its West of Enid and a little South, itty bitty town.
I will definitely see some of the bulls up really close and get to talk to them and I know they will be your friend. Some are scary and mum won't even get anywhere close to them, cuz they snort and blow snot and act all crazy and stuff. And mum found out Daddy is using her horse too to work the bulls. The bulls charge the horses when daddy is out there. He ropes the bull and then drags or pulls the bull with the horsey out of the arena. But sometimes the bull after he ropes it, will charge..I am afraid for my mum's horse cuz he is not as big as daddies. Mum will throw a fit if anything bad happens. I will get lots of photos for you
Deetz

4xBs said...

hi JB, you do have pretty multi colored whiskers and your eyes are pretty too. we like to hear about your quirks. that's funny about you being such a scardey cat. we are not scaredy at all.

woofs.

Thor said...

JB
You are very pretty with all your multi-colored whiskers! I also am always in the room that my mom is in.

Thor