Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Daily Birdie Watch

This was from last week when we had sunshine.....I am getting ready for birdies! You can see the small patch of sunlight coming in the house in the bottom part of this picture. Mom has just alerted me to wake up from my nap, by saying "Birdies! Get the birdies" (in a high voice).


I must be sure to be ready, so I don't miss the birdies. I am getting into postition!


I check both sides of the sofa, just to make sure I don't miss anything......is that a birdie down there?


I jump off and on the sofa as needed if I see a particularly good birdie! In case you did not know, I am especially good at walking on my hind legs like a Meerkat. Do you think Meerkats like birdies as much as I do?


Maybe if I wait quietly and patiently...... oh, but my whiskers are so perky and excited, it is hard to sit still!


I must have a quick draw paw, and then I can catch the birdies!


Aaahh, the sweet smell of success! Do you see all the birdies right in front of me, glistening in the sunshine? I got them! I got them!!


A job well done, I might add. I do this every day the sun shines, so I am very good at it!


P.S. For those of you who don't know what "birdies" are, they are specks of dust or strands of my furs that float and glisten in the afternoon sunshine. Mom pets me and this helps make the birdies fly!

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my BIG WORLD too, thanks!

22 comments:

Girl Girl Hamster said...

You sure look alert and cute getting the birdies JB. You look like you're dancing standing on your hide legs

~ Girl girl

Simba said...

Some cool moves there.

Simba x

goldenshade said...

Well done! Well done. Your mama must be very proud of your prowess.

goldenshade said...

We heard about the terrible weather down your way...you guys alright?

Lorianna said...

You look beautiful bathed in the sunlight JB! And you have very good eyes to catch those sundust birdies. :) I hope you have another fun day today!
Kisses and Purrs,
Lorianna

Daisy said...

I am very impressed with your hind-leg-walking!

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Birdiez! Birdiez!!! Nuttin' like lookin' so floofy while huntin' birdiez.

SophieKitty said...

Wow, JB! You are very agile.

meemsnyc said...

Oooh Birdies! Attack!

Mickey said...

You get your exercise tryin to catch the birdies! Hahaha!!!
Good concentration though :)
Purrs Mickey

PeeEss: PooPoo has very cute toes!!!!

MoMo said...

Good job catching the birdies.

Happy Easter!

Moki said...

We loved your Meerkat moves JB!

Adan*Michico said...

I am so so proud of you, you are so so athletic!!!

MONA AND THE MOMMY! said...

Hi JB

Me wants to thank you for going on the Great Adventure with Copper, Hana & me. Me kinda sad that our adventure is over but my place is with the Mommy. Me just wanted ya to know that me love ya & me never thought I'd ever have a cat friend but me do!!

Keep in touch....Mona

Forty Paws said...

Wow! We have never done that! You are very smart!

Luf, Us

PB & J said...

Well done! Did you catch lots of birdies?

Cecil the Cougar: said...

You are TOO good at getting the birdies! I wonder if they are scared of you? I wonder if that is possible if they were once a part of you? So many things to think about...

Chairman Mao said...

Oh, that looks like such a fun game, JB! goodness knows there's enuff fuzz floatin around this housie to make plenty of birdies. And yur Meerkat walk is the KOOLEST!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

MedaM said...

This is wonderful series of photos, I really enjoyed in your motions in your trying to catch the birdies! You look so cute and sweet!

Parker said...

JB - you have all of the right moves!

snowforest said...

He he you got so many birdies ~ Well done JB!
Purrs from the SnowForest family :)

Beetle said...

Ha ha ha! That made me chuckle :O)