Friday, February 22, 2008

Message in a Bottle to Doggies All Over the World

I read this Meme on Daisy's blog, and wanted to play! This is a very fun Meme, and you can find all the rules on Mimi's blog.

The instructions say that you are about to send a virtual Message In a Bottle across the Blog Ocean. Leave a message in the sand or on the bottle. Write anything you wish. Be a pirate or a poet. Serious or silly. Anonymous or not. What message would you like to send out to the universe? If you want to play along, just go to Mimi's page to get all the rules and a blank copy of the graphic.


I decided to be serious. There are lots of nice doggies out there who are my friends, but some just want to eat me or chase me. Here is a poem I wrote, going out to doggies all over the world:

Oh, why don't all the doggies want to like me?
I am so very friendly as you will agree.

I ask them to visit my Big World to see,
but if they still want to, they will try to chase me.

They will never catch me, oh no they will not.
I can run away, really fast in a shot!

Why don't all doggies like me, I ask with a sigh.....
If I can't find out soon, I think I really might cry!

Tears,
JB

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my BIG WORLD too, thanks!

17 comments:

Maya and Kena said...

Hey JB!!
Nice poem!! You're good with rhyming!!
But we're not like other doggies.. you are our friend!! :D
Wags and licks,
Maya and Kena

Lorianna said...

What a wonderful poem! I think some doggies just like to chase because of instinct. I'm sure your mom will protect you from the doggies that like to chase JB. Thank you for the cat toy suggestion. I think Cody and Cricket and maybe even lazy Billie would like it! :) Have a Happy day with Poo Poo and Misty!
Love and Purrs,
Lorianna

Momo & Pinot said...

JB!!! You know ALL doggies love you, right?!? Yes, we do! :)

Have a pawsome weekend!

Momo & Pinot

Daisy said...

I'm glad you played, this was a fun Meme! I used to be very scairt of dogs. But since I have met some really nice ones, I am not scairt any more!

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Hi JB --

I hadn't realized that you were such a poet!
Our dog would LOVE you but she thinks lovin' means chasing and that just doesn't go down well with us cats.

PKPWV said...

Hi JB, I bet our doggie, Velcro, would like you-but she might follow you around alot. Because she does that to us!!

Kodak, Winton and 3 Perf

caspersmom said...

We enjoyed your visit to our site JB. I see you have blue eyes, me too. Liked your poem to all the doggies out there. Mom would like to start her woofie site but her scanner isn't working properly. All her doggies have passed on, but she would like to share her pictures any how. One of these days??

Hana said...

JB, I did not know you were a poet! There are some other poets around. I know Ivy used to write a lot of poetry. And Copper wrote some too. I wrote one poem one time. It was about when my parents abandoned me for Las Vegas.

Oh. And please don't cry if a doggie doesn't like you. They just don't know you. If they took the time, they would LOVE YOU!

Black Cat said...

Great message in a bottle:) xxx

Simba said...

ah don't cry. Dogs do like cats, they just like to chase them.

Simba xx

Gus and Louie said...

Please don't cry. We would not eat you.. Louie may try but I would warn him that that is not a good thing to do with our new friend...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Anna said...

JB I just realized that I am not a doggie, lol, btw this is really nice meme, I just saw somewhere else. Have fun, Anna :)

Sunny's Mommy said...

Some doggies do like cats. Others just like to chase cats, unfortunately :(

Shelby said...

Nice poem but dogs are stupid

Hot(M)BC said...

I agree with Shelby.
Fanks for joining the Carnival of the Cats this week!
Purrrrrrs,
Mini and the rest of the Hotties

Samantha & Tigger said...

Cool Meme JB! We have a dog buddy that likes to chase us, but only in fun!
Your FL furiends,

Johann The Dog said...

I don't like all kitties, but JB you are my friend! I liked your poem, hopefully you will have a major impact on the dog blog-o-sphere!

Woofs, Johann