Monday, February 18, 2008

I Didn't Do It, Mom! (Memories of JB as a Baby)

When I was a baby, I was very mischievious.....well, I guess I still am, really. Well, mom came home one day and found that there was black stuff all over the carpet near the fireplace. She looked and saw that the firescreen was slightly open and it looked like someone had gotten in. She asked me and my sisters who had done this, and immediately said, "Not me!", with my "innocent face", of course.

Mom did not believe me. I had evidence all over my face, and I was caught red-handed (or black pawed and faced!). I told mom I was sorry. I did not mean to make the carpet all black. I was just so curious to see what was inside the big black fireplace box! Mom forgave me, and laughed so hard, because my face was all dirty and I didn't even know it!



It took me hours to clean my furs, paws and face, till I was satisfied that I was all clean again. I must be clean at all times, you know.


Moral of the story: If you decide investigate something, make sure that you test the object first with just one toe, to make sure it won't stain your furs or anything else, or you might get in trouble!

11 comments:

Lorianna said...

I can see that you have not outgrown your cuteness JB! That is a very good moral for all kitties and woofies to follow. Even little humans too. Gosh you're so cute! :)
Love and Purrs,
Lorianna

Daisy said...

What a funny and cute picture! Too bad the evidence got stuck to you so you could not get away with the crime.

SophieKitty said...

The look on your face is priceless.

Comet and BLU said...

I like to open the fireplace screen. There is nothing interesting behind it, but it drives my girl crazy.
BLU

TheGirls said...

heehee...kind of hard to deny the truth with the evidence all over ya! ;)

We have an award for you...drop by.

4xBs said...

but if you're really cute, then you won't get in real trouble. hee hee. that's where you've got it made!

woofers.

michico*Adan said...

You are very cute~
I am sure your mommy doesn't mind at all ~!!!!

Simba said...

I bet you can get away with anything. looking all cute like that.

Simba x

MedaM said...

You are so sweet and cute and fun! Who could be angry at you?! :-))

Tybalt said...

JB, that is exactly why we have a gas fireplace instead of a real one. Mommy knows what me and my sisters would do . . . you were one adorable kitten!

MoMo said...

You look soooooo cute there!